Hi! I’m Jess and I’m so happy you’re here!
Let me start by just putting it all out there: My life is a MESS! Some days I have it “under control” and I may even get to fold laundry as soon as it comes out of the dryer. (I know, right?!) Other days, not so much—laundry mountain, anyone?
I’m a mom, wife, daughter, sister and friend. And in between all of that, I’m also a woman, trying to navigate my beautiful, but messy life.
It sounds silly, but it took me a long time to realize that I’m not alone in that– that there are so many of you, so many of US, trying to find our way. And that’s why Messy & Mine was born!
I felt there was a need for a community where women can talk about and find resources and support for the messes (both good and bad!) in their lives—anything from parenting and personal growth to planning and travel.
I’m learning and sharing along the way, and I hope you’ll join me for the journey!
My life may be messy, but I’m so happy it’s mine.
I am happily married to my loving and supportive husband and we are the proud parents of one sweet, sassy and beautiful little girl.
We were in a long-distance relationship for almost four years—between countless miles on the road and I-really-don’t-want-to-know-how-much-money spent on gas, we made it through and are definitely a stronger couple for it. What can I say? When you know, you know.
We are huge college football fans, but we went to rival SEC (Southeastern Conference) schools which makes for a very interesting season. We are the epitome of a “House Divided” and we embrace it with everything we are.
Our family wouldn’t be complete without our two dogs—Jaxson and Izzy. They are the perfect snuggle buddies and best friends for our daughter.
- I am a two-time University of Florida graduate (Go Gators!) and spent my 20’s in marketing and fundraising/event planning roles.
- Deep down, I always had a dream of being able to stay home with my kids, so when my daughter was born, I became a stay at home mom. I truly feel so grateful to have had the opportunity to be home with her during her first years.
While I wouldn’t trade these first years for anything, sometimes a part of me felt like it was missing. I’ve always been very driven and self-motivated, and deep down knew that I wanted something more—something that was ONLY for me. I am still working to let go of the guilt that comes with putting myself first sometimes, but I know it will ultimately make me a more well-rounded woman and most importantly, a better mom and wife.
fairlyundeniably Type A so I love lists, spreadsheets and when hard work pays off. I may or may not put things I’ve already done on a list, just so I can cross them off. I would say I’m an introvert but I can also be outgoing—is there a term for someone who is both? If so, that’s me! I probably procrastinate way more than I should and I try not to be a perfectionist, but, hey, what can you do sometimes?
- I am originally from South Florida but currently live in Atlanta. I miss the beach (see: My Happy Place) and palm trees, but living in Georgia definitely has its perks too (oh hello, Fall leaves!).
My Happy Place
I always want to be in a hammock on the beach with a piña colada in my hand, listening to a steel drum band.
But on days when my computer background is the closest I’ll get to a beach, these are some other things that are pretty much guaranteed to bring me joy:
- My daughter, husband and dogs
- Mint Chocolate
- Dark Chocolate (are you sensing a theme here?)
- Chips & Guacamole
- Dreaming of (and sometimes planning for!) travel destinations
- Harry Potter
- My go-to TV shows: This Is Us, The Bachelor(ette), Grey’s Anatomy